If you are an IDBI Bank’s account holder and you are moving somewhere else in the same city or in another city then it’s necessary to transfer your bank account from the home branch to another branch which is nearby your current address where you are settling now. Thanks to the core banking system, we can do this thing within a few days and that too by submitting a few documents only!
How to Transfer IDBI Account (Savings & Current)
Many of us often get confused when it comes transferring our bank account from one branch to another. If you are an IDBI bank customer then the process is very easy and few simple documents can do the job done within minutes.
Due to the change of addresses, we often need to change the branch of our banks too because accessing branch is important especially when we make any change or start a new investment plan in the same bank. Even when a dispute appears in the account or investment planning, going to a branch is a must.
It may help you: IDBI Net Banking details for online banking
So, changing IDBI bank account from one branch to another is highly recommended when you move to another address permanently or for some years.
There is no cost associated with it, it’s simply free of cost and what you need to invest is your time, not money.
Though many of us don’t familiar with transferring bank account from home branch to another, it’s very simple and the steps involved in it are quite lucid to follow.
You just need to ensure some documents accompanied you while approaching branch to change your IDBI Bank home branch.
- The first point is that you need to go yourself. Without your physical presence branch, transfer request won’t be accepted. So buy some time and go to the branch directly without assigning someone else with your authorized letter, Nah! It’s not going to work.
- The second point involves carrying some documents. Ensure that, an address proof of your recent address where you have moved is accompanying you. A self-attested Xerox copy is required while it’s must to carry the original one to be verified.
For your info: How to block your IDBI ATM or Debit or Credit Card
Documents for changing IDBI Bank branch
There are many documents to choose from when it comes submitting proper documents for changing home branch.
- You need to submit an address proof of your current address, any one of the below-mentioned documents can be submitted.
- Rent deed can be the best bet here otherwise telephone bill or electricity bill can be the second option.
- An application for changing the IDBI home branch mentioning the branch name (the application must be addressed to the bank manager of the current branch).
Time for transferring Bank home branch
There are no minimum or maximum timings for transferring IDBI home branch, from your current home branch to another branch that is close to your current address.
It generally takes 3-7 days for savings account though sometimes it may go up to 10-12 days and for the current account IDBI does it in real speed and it may take up to 3-5 days.
That’s all and if there is anything we have missed, let us know by commenting below, we will cover that section too. We always provide the latest banking information.